Monday, March 9, 2009

My Two Seconds of Fame

Well, it isn't the level of fame that fellow outdoor blogger Hunter, Angler, Gardner, Cook achieved with his recent full-page spread in Field & Stream. Nor is it a quote on CNN like Phillip at the Hog Blog.

But, for my little blog I am quite proud to announce that Hunt, Eat, Live has been named as one of the Top 50 Blogs for Gun Enthusiasts. Lang over at Fat of the Land first broke the news to me in a comment he left on my post about hunter safety. And sure enough, a day later I received an email confirming my place on the list under the sub-category of 'hunting'.

My fellow favorite bloggers - Fat of the Land; Hunter, Angler, Gardner, Cook; Hog Blog; Gun Safety Innovations; and the Hunters Wife were also named on the list. Way to go peeps!

13 comments:

shoretroutfishing said...

Hey Jon. You might have been number 43 in overall count, but number 1 in hunting. Way to go. Keep up the good work.

Deer Passion said...

Congrats on the recognition!

LC said...

It's an honor to share space with you on the list, Jon! Who know, maybe Larry King will call tomorrow...

Mel said...

Jon, congratulations on being listed. I am a fisherman at heart, but, enjoy reading your hunting posts and writing style.

Live to Hunt.... said...

Aw gee, shucks. You guys are too kind.

Lang, although Larry didn't call today I did get an email from Scott Linden Outdoors asking me to be on his show. They found me through you so I owe all my fame to you. (Don't do expecting any royalties or anything...)

Kristine said...

Well, that's kind of fun. I'm not sure who made the list, but it's always nice to be noticed.

The Hunter's Wife said...

I got an e-mail about the list as well. Some great blogs on there.

:)

SimplyOutdoors said...

That's awesome. Congrats to you and all the other bloggers as well.

Marian Love Phillips said...

This is great news and congrats! Well deserved. Keep up the great work my friend. :)

Terry Scoville said...

Congrats Jon and good luck with linden Outdoors. He's a good guy and I'm sure you'll win the whole enchilada!

Rachel said...

WTG!!!
Iam new to the Blogging family...just recently started my own blog on my passion in life..HUNTING!!! I was inspired by some of the ladies out their that have some great Blogs!!
Glad I stumbled accross yours...
Congrats! Come by and say Hi at my Blog.
Rachel, Washington State Hunter chick!
www.donthuntdontfishdontbother.blogspot.com/

Matt said...

Congratulations!

Editor said...

good job!!!!