Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting Back into The Swing


Oh Lordy, I know, I know. It has been F-O-R-E-V-E-R since I have written a post. I don't know what it is, but it just seemed so hard to make the time to pull everything together over the holidays. Unlike some of my fellow blogger peeps who are either in the outdoor industry and blog for their job or they are making their blog a full-time pursuit, I am just an average Joe working five days a week, 10 hours a day, and have a wife, two kids, two dogs, and a cat.

Over the holidays I was burning the candle at both ends and by the time I would sit down at night to begin writing, I would suddenly find myself sound asleep on the couch only to be awaken by the cat climbing on my head. Go to bed, wake up, repeat.

When I am not working I'm being a husband and dad, ensuring that I am checking homework and rooting on The Daughter's dance or The Boy's soccer and basketball.

On the weekends I am totally committed to going out with The Hunting Partner chasing those wonderful feathered fowl, which have been a little harder to come by this year, but we're still at it every weekend day. The season has been generally slow, but things are picking up and The Hunting Partner and I hunted a new place last weekend and pulled out the first limits of the season. Hope runs eternal! More about that later.

Oh, and my wife and I also hosted a couple of wild game dinner parties, including a five-course duck and pheasant dinner on New Years Eve for 14 people. I promise to write about that one. Let me just say - FABULOUS!

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all and feel so blessed to have a fantastic life. Its just that I want to be able to do more blogging because I really enjoy it! I feel bad because I get emails from you, my readers, checking in on me and hoping that everything is OK. I appreciate all those warm thoughts and feel guilty that you are looking for me but I've been absent.

The New Year is for promises and resolutions. I've been reflective and made my list and I promise it does include getting back into the swing of things with regular posts.

Thanks for hanging in there with me and look for more... soon.

12 comments:

SimplyOutdoors said...

No need to apologize to me. I completely understand where you're coming from, and I only have a full time job and one kid.

I used to post religiously every day, but that just isn't feasible anymore. I post when I can, when I have time, and do the best that I can do.

And that's all you can do, too.

Good luck going after those feathered friends of yours. And we'll all be here reading when you get around to writing.

Terry Scoville said...

Ah so nice to hear from you! Glad all is going well and that you finally got your first day limit of the season. Certainly a slow year for waterfowl. Look forward to reading about your New Year's eve party. . . I can only imagine.

Blessed said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you! I look forward to your future postings and will completely understand if they don't quite happen like you hope :)

Doug said...

Glad to have you back. I enjoy reading your two cents.
Doug

Marian Ann Love said...

Good to have you back with us...and wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year! :)

Holly Heyser said...

Yep, it's definitely hard maintaining a blog when you 1) work for a living and 2) have a life. But, ya know, write when you've got something to say and time to say it - that's what people come here for anyway!

The Hunter's Wife said...

I keep checking on you! It seems life has been busy for most. Families, holidays and hunting season ... it's a good way to spend your time.

Anonymous said...

Are you and jack going to come for youth hunt and greg it going to be good

Top Shot said...

History Channel now casting season 2 of TOP SHOT!

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on season 2 of History Channel’s hit competition show TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

Gun Cabinets said...

Good to have you back with us...and wishing you and yours a very Happy guns of the day.
Thank you for post..gun cabinets

Pentax Spotting Scope said...

Come check us out!

We've got great deals on spotting scopes, gps systems, and much more!!!

theresa said...

You will admire this spyderco resilience. It is just handy and very convenient for your basic gaming needs. You’ll find its worth the more you use it.